The COVID-19 pandemic has many people fearing not just for their health, but for the state of their finances. When one trip to the doctor can set you back significantly, having insurance is more important than ever. Unfortunately, the coronavirus has caused numerous businesses to close down. Many individuals didn’t just lose their jobs, but the health coverage they used to receive through their employer or their spouse’s employment. If you are in this situation, do not lose hope – Guyer Benefits Northwest can help you qualify for Medicare plans in Seattle based on a special enrolment period during COVID-19.
You can qualify for Medicare if you are 65 or older or you have End-Stage Renal Disease. Younger people can also be eligible for Medicare if they have a disability that is recognized by the Social Security Administration.
Medicare Enrolment and COVID-19
The Coronavirus Medicare Special Enrolment period is designed to provide equitable relief to qualified individuals who were not able to finish their application because of COVID-19 related reasons. The plan is retroactively effective from March 17, 2020. Individuals who are turning 65 or those who are under 65 with disabilities are eligible for this type of medical insurance in Seattle, WA.
Take note of the following:
- Medicare Special Enrolment period due to Covid-19 is for Medicare-eligible individuals who lost their job and health insurance, or those who lost their health coverage when a spouse became unemployed.
- If you have Medicare Part A and would like to apply for Medicare Part B (medical insurance), you can apply online at https://www.gov/medicare-partb-sep/
- In the past, your employer or your spouse’s employer had to submit proof that you had health coverage during the past eight months. This proof is a requirement for Medicare Part B application as part of the SEP. Due to COVID-19, this requirement has been waived. You can now submit proof of health coverage yourself when you fill out the Medicare application form.
- If you are unable to apply online, you can fax or mail it in instead. Make sure your packet has the CMS-40B, Medicare Part B form, and the CMS L564- Request for Employment Information. Do not forget to submit proof that you had health coverage through your employer. You can read more about it at https://www.medicare.gov/blog/coronavirus-medicare-enrollment
- If you’re signing up for Medicare for the first time, apply online at Social Security at https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare/. During the online application, you can choose whether you want Part B.
Like any type of insurance – whether that’s medical, dental, disability, or life insurance in Seattle, WA – it is best to proceed with professionals who are familiar with the process. Guyer Benefits Northwest can assist you in signing up for Medicare and researching a Medicare Advantage Or Medicare Supplement Insurance plan during the Special Enrolment time due to Covid-19.
Guyer Benefits Northwest: Your Guide to Medicare Plans in Seattle
Let us help you regain the peace of mind of knowing that your medical needs are covered during these trying times.
- Medicare Advantage Plans
This Medicare health plan provides all your Part A and Part B benefits, and most also cover prescription drugs. This insurance is typically offered by a private company that has a contract with Medicare.
- Medicare Supplement Insurance
Also known as Medigap, Medicare Supplement Plans can help pay for coinsurance, co-payments, and deductibles which Original Medicare does not cover.
Finally, please keep in mind that not every eligible individual gets approved for Medicare. The process is more complicated than most assume. Seek advice from an experienced medical and life insurance company in Seattle on the best way to move forward.
Protect Your Future Today with Guyer Benefits Northwest
Guyer Benefits Northwest is passionate about helping people like you safeguard their future with personalized insurance solutions for your needs and budget.
Explore the many ways we can help you protect yourself and your loved ones with the best insurance options in the Pacific Northwest. Call Guyer Benefits Northwest today at (206) 419-6611 for inquiries or to schedule a consultation!